Thinking about selling or renting your property in the winter? This is probably one of the hardest times of year to promote your property. The skies are grey and the garden never looks its best. But that doesn’t mean you can’t successfully market your property. Follow our top tips for getting the most out of viewings.
- Keep access to your property clear, easy to walk on and well lit. Take the time to approach your property as though you are a prospective buyer / tenant and make any changes that will make the property look more attractive and welcoming.
- Keep boots and shoes out of sight, so your entrance is clutter free
- Keep muddy, wet dogs out of the house. Leave them in the car or with a neighbour.
- Let in the light. Open your curtains, blinds and turn on the lights throughout the building. Brighten dark rooms with uplighters behind furniture.
- Turn on the heat! Light the fire, turn up the thermostat. You want your property to be warm and welcoming.
- Make your property sparkle. Keep it tidy and immaculately clean.
- Accessorise. Create a sense of mood and occasion. You want prospective buyers / tenants to be able to imagine themselves living in the property. Place vases with winter flowers, light a candle in the bathroom, turn on soft music, dress your dining room for dinner, set a breakfast tray on the bed and dress beds with blankets, quilts and throws.
- Check the garden is tidy and in good condition. Put away furniture, clear garden paths and add a touch of winter colour to your borders.
- Offer a warming hot drink and even something to eat to encourage people to stay and appreciate what your property has to offer.
- Have sale particulars and local information to hand, so you’re ready to answer any questions that your prospective buyer / tenant may have
Follow these ten tips and you could get a buyer / tenant in time for the first snowdrops appear!